Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cuddles and Pictures

This morning I had my coffee friends over to the house for our weekly gathering. Both Jocelyn and Molly were out of school so it seemed easier to have coffee here at home rather than out somewhere - this way the girls could play or watch tv and leave the grown-ups be.

Well, in theory anyway. In actuality my children were constantly coming in and out of the kitchen to share stories, get snacks, and in general make sure no one forgot they were there. While Molly was, as always, sweet and polite, I was reminded of just how big Jocelyn's heart is. She constantly was coming in with pictures she had drawn for these specific ladies. She would explain just what she had drawn and who the picture was to go to. In between picture deliveries Jocie would just come into the kitchen and give one of my friends a hug, or climb into a lap and snuggle for five minutes. She is not just my cuddly child, but she is so open and giving of her love. She genuinely cares about those she interacts with. Not being an outwardly affectionate person, I love watching how easy it is for Jocelyn to physically share her love with those around her. It does not come naturally to me, but I am almost inspired by Jocelyn to make more of an effort to really SHOW people how I care about them. It is a gift I hope to one day emulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment