Thursday, November 21, 2013

Eat Your Veggies!!

I have often complained about how crazy-picky my children can be when it comes to food. Our friend Katy came over this evening with the great plan to oven-bake various vegetables to have with dinner to have my kids try these foods in a way they never had before.

It did not go nearly as well as anyone had hoped. Molly of course, being my health nut, ate every last bit of her veggies and had seconds. Ava to her credit tried a bit of it all and ate about 75% of what had been given to her. Jocelyn took bites so small I can't imagine she ever actually tasted anything and left the table not even having eaten half of what was given to her. To be honest, a part of me was glad that it's NOT just me my children won't eat for. I also looked at each child in her various state of willingness to eat her dinner and reminded myself that this picture will change over the years. Tastes change, and one day my children will eat what is put in front of them without whining or bargaining. Well, that is the hope I cling to, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment