Monday, November 26, 2012

Welcoming Committee

Molly spends a lot of her day saying good-bye. She wakes up to Daddy already being gone at work. Then she says sees at least one if not both of her sisters leave her to go to school. I think she's reaching a maturity in which she really misses her family members when they are not around. This makes their returns home all that much sweeter. This afternoon Ben and I literally passed each other in the driveway as he was coming home and I was headed out to pick Ava up from her Religious Ed class. As I was leaving I could hear Molly squealing for her Daddy. About 30 minutes later, when I returned home with Ava, Molly ran into the kitchen and yelled, "AVA!!" and ran to give her big sister a hug. I had to then take Molly upstairs to change her diaper, and the child was nothing short of giddy. Finally, she had all of her favorite people under one roof. She played with me and ran to Ben to carry her downstairs for dinner. Days with Molly can often be tough, as I tend to be the whipping boy in the wake of everyone else leaving her. But any and all unpleasant memories fade away at the sound of that little girl's laughter and the look of love she has for all of her family who have finally returned home to her once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment