Friday, November 23, 2012

The New Black Friday

Well, it seems the fates have a sick sense of humor and while I felt pretty good all day yesterday, I woke up this morning once again feeling not-so-great. I tried to push through it - we were supposed to start decorating for Christmas after all! But after picking up and vacuuming the living room, it was pretty clear I would be doing little more than lying on the couch.

Once again the girls handled it like rock stars. I fell asleep twice, and other than making lunch I really didn't do much for them. The kids played games, watched some TV, and danced... a lot. I got a short video of my favorite performance of the day. The girls had just finished watching Sofia the First (again), in which there is a scene where Sofia is taught to waltz by her older sister. During the ending credits Ava and Molly were waltzing together, with MOLLY counting out the "one, two, three" (and sometimes four). I am so beyond grateful that my girls can entertain themselves every now and again. I only hope that I don't have to rely on this gift for much longer and get myself on the mend quickly.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the one boot! :)
    Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I had forgotten about the boot! She is a little obsessed with shoes these days, especially boots. I've been meaning to get her some warm weather boots, but after this weekend it might be moving up the priority list ;)

    ReplyDelete