Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall WAY Back

Today was Daylight Savings Day. For most people it's the best day of the year - we "fall back" and therefore get an extra hour to our day. If you have small children, however, this day feels like a very cruel joke. There was no extra hour of sleep or relaxation for me today; only an extra hour of entertaining (and tolerating) my children. They were up at 6am rather than 7am, and the entire day just seemed to drag.

Because of our off-schedules, the girls and I finished dinner right around 6pm. Ava and Jocelyn asked if we could watch a movie. They don't have school tomorrow, and I wasn't sure how else we would last the final hours of the evening, so I agreed. We watched the Muppets' Treasure Island. The girls took turns sitting with me - Molly for the first half of the movie, Jocelyn for the 3rd quarter, and Ava for the end. Everyone managed to stay relatively calm and not drive each other crazy. After a really long day it was nice to end on a fun and peaceful note. I only hope the girls can manage to "sleep in" a teeny bit longer tomorrow morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment