Sunday, November 25, 2012

Trim the Tree

This Thanksgiving break seemed to cycle between crazy days and quiet days. Thursday was jam-packed, Friday we stayed in our pajamas; Saturday was a little fuller, and then today was quiet once again. All three girls slept late this morning, and continued to act fairly mellow throughout the day. By the end of the day I was looking for a nice way to end our weekend, and found the solution in our Christmas tree. I had put up the tree and lights on Saturday, but hadn't put any ornaments up yet. So after dinner we put on some Christmas music and I handed the girls ornaments while Ben helped them find spots to put them on the tree. Even Molly managed to get a few ornaments up. I was disappointed that I was feeling so puny that we didn't get to take out more Christmas decorations this weekend. (It's always been my tradition to bring everything out the weekend after Thanksgiving.) But getting to spend those few minutes with my husband and daughters doing our first holiday decorating was a great end to the weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment