Thursday, November 1, 2012

Clown Car

This afternoon was nothing short of CHAOS. When I went for afternoon pick-up at the elementary school, Jocelyn, Molly and I were joined by Ben, who I was dropping off at the metro a bit later. We picked up Ava, a little girl from Ava's dance studio, and one of our neighbors. Add them all up, and all 7 of my SUV's seats were occupied. Four seats had either car seats or boosters. It was cramped and loud, to say the least. (To be fair, it wasn't THAT cramped - I'm just not used to seeing every seat full without any empty spaces in between.) After we all piled in and buckled up, I drove to the dance studio to drop off Jaelyn. Then we stopped by the metro to leave Ben off. Then I had the pleasure of driving home with the 4 remaining children. The last 2 or 3 miles were filled with the mantra in my head: "I'm almost home. I'm almost home." I have never been so glad to get out of a car in my life. I have a new-found respect for parents of more-than-three. I have no issues being Carpool Lady from time to time, but to have that many children in my car ALWAYS... may have to think twice about that one.

view from my rearview mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment