Friday, November 9, 2012

Car Bingo

We are in the car a lot on any given day. I spend a lot of time looking at bumper stickers and license plates, trying to decipher shorthand or figure out which breed of dog the driver REALLY loves. Today alone I saw a bumper sticker that read "Sniper - don't bother running, you'll just die tired," a Choose Life-themed license plate that read "PROLIF" (seemed a bit redundant but I admired their convictions), and at least 10 magnets supporting various schools and their affiliated sports.

The best one, however, I saw on my way home from dropping Ava off at dance. It was 4:45pm, and I was already fading. The girls were whining, antagonizing each other, and overall driving me nuts. I was trying to hold it together, only wanting to get home and dump them on their father so I could have a moment of peace. At that very moment I saw a sedan pull in front of me. The license plate read "GIVETHX." I felt the proverbial head-slap from God. Yes I was tired, and yes my kids were driving me crazy, but that does not make my life SO awful. I took my reality check with humility and finished my drive home no less tired but much more graciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment