Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Baked with Love

Today's "blessing" disguised itself in a chore I was less than thrilled to do. Tomorrow Jocelyn's preschool is putting on a Thanksgiving program and feast. Each child was asked to provide something for the feast, and Jocie was tasked with bringing 3 dozen sugar cookies. Not a problem... except that I waited until tonight to bake said cookies. I took the WAY easy way out and bought ready-to-bake cookie dough, but it still took a trial batch to figure out how big to make the scoops, how long to cook them, etc. And I was having to do all of this at the end of the night, when all I want to do is sit on my rear end and watch TV. I complained more than once to Ben about this chore I was not happy to be doing. And yet, halfway through I realized that for all my whining, there was no question that I was going to finish baking my 3 dozen cookies. Because Jocelyn is my daughter, and my love for her is so great I am willing to give up my vegging time at the end of the day to make sure she has what she needs for school. My cookie-baking tonight was a labor of love that started off all labor, but ended up being much more about the love I have for my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment