Monday, November 12, 2012

Dad's Day Off

Ben has the day off today in observance of Veterans' Day. The girls still had school, however, so it has been nice for him to get the chance to be a part of our regular routine. He walked Ava to school this morning and played with Molly when we came back from taking Jocelyn to preschool. The best moment of all was when he, Molly and I went to pick Jocie up from school. Ben had walked in ahead of me and was therefore the first person Jocelyn saw in the classroom doorway. I couldn't see her, but I HEARD her shriek. Think the over-crazed tweens who lose their minds at seeing Justin Bieber and you have an idea of Jocelyn's reaction to her Daddy surprising her at school. She RAN into his arms, and he carried her all the way to the car, her arms clung tightly around his neck. I wish I'd had my camera, but I will not soon forget the look of love and jubilation on my middle daughter's face. She loves her Daddy, and her day was made when she was surprised with getting to spend some extra time with him on his day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment