Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sweet Nurse and Princess Time

I am fighting a virus. Last night I actually felt chills  (I can't remember the last time I had chills) and went to bed before 10pm, which I NEVER do. This morning I woke up feeling marginally better, but after dropping Ava off at school I drove Jocie and Molly home and explained to them that Mommy was not feeling well and would be resting on the couch most of the morning. Jocelyn immediately started playing nursemaid: she brought me down one of her stuffed animals to cuddle with. She asked if I needed water or a snack. Every so often she would come over to the couch, stroke my forehead with her hand, and say, "I'm sorry you're feeling sick, Mommy." She can be my Texas Tornado, but Jocelyn is very much my nurturer, and it sure made me feel special to be getting such sweet attention from her.

Then tonight the girls got treated to a movie night. We laid out blankets and pillows, had popcorn, and watched Sofia the First, the latest Disney princess installment. The girls enjoyed the special treat of staying up late and watching a new movie; I enjoyed a quiet evening with minimal effort. It was a win all-around, a nice end to a decent day.


No comments:

Post a Comment