Monday, December 31, 2012

The Perfect End

Another year comes to a close this evening. We chose to ring out 2012 in a not-so-extravagant way. We ate dinner together, and then Ava picked Charlotte's Web for us to watch together for our movie night. We sat (and occasionally squirmed and fidgeted and played in the background) all together. It was perfect. I've never been a big New Year's celebrator. The few years I did try to go to a party or make a big deal of the new year something went wrong. I also don't feel the need to make a big deal of the beginning of a new year because I try to make each day a new beginning. It's fun thinking back on the last year and all that has happened - new schools, new jobs, countless dance classes and playdates, trips, and more. But it is even more fun to look forward to many more days like today, when I spent a few precious hours with my 4 most favorite people in the entire world. So Happy New Year world, and here's to a terrific 2013.

New Year's Eve, Seward style

No comments:

Post a Comment