Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ballerinas

This evening one of the cable channels aired the San Francisco Ballet's version of Nutcracker, and I turned it on for the girls. It's probably one of my favorite versions of the ballet. The girls watched it for a little while, but decided they were more interested in putting on their own ballet. So at the end of the night I sat down on the couch next to various dolls and stuffed animals as Jocelyn played Clara and Ava played every other part possible in their own version of the Nutcracker. It was sweet and charming, as all of their performances usually are. What was equally cute was when Ava and Jocie had completed their ballet and went upstairs to find a book to read before bedtime, Molly got up onto the "stage," twirled around in her flannel nightgown, and kept repeating "practice me! Practice me!" She can't wait to be like her big sisters... and I can't wait to see her performing alongside them in their elaborate productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment