Sunday, December 30, 2012

Cabin Fever

It seems that, after spending the majority of the week relaxing at home, today my children finally snapped and lost their little minds. They were CRAZY. There were literally times when I would see one of them running in circles for no reason whatsoever. We had a few battles along the way - time outs were given, whining was heard, feet stomped up and down stairs in frustration. After dinner, Ben and I were sitting on the couch just watching the show that was our children's behavior. It was the very definition of chaos: running around, then running into each other, then one child getting upset with another child, then the second child apologizing while giggling uncontrollably, then the first child forgetting what had just happened, and repeat. At first I kept trying to intervene, hoping to prevent the crash and burn that was bound to happen. But then I realized: for as crazy as it all was, the girls were a) burning off a good amount of energy, and b) they were having fun. The noise and manic behavior may have been driving me up the wall, but since the kids were happy I chose to give in to the madness and just sit back and watch. This is a picture I took at one point, but an image I saw countless times during the crazy playing:


Arms and legs flying and tons of squealing... not exactly how I like to end my day. But sometimes it's not about me, and considering by the end of the night we had very little fighting and no trouble falling asleep, I'll sacrifice a little of my sanity to help these girls cope with their cases of cabin fever.

As a bonus, here's a little video as well. Ava wanted to use my camera to take a video (or 4) this afternoon. This is pretty much what all of the videos look like, and provides another glimpse into the craziness that was my daughters today. And yes, that's me completely ignoring them in the background because, really, there was nothing else to do with them at that point.


No comments:

Post a Comment