Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Good Example

This afternoon when we were driving home from school, Ava mentioned that her head was hurting a little and she wanted to close her eyes. Okay, no problem. But once we got home, she was in tears from whatever discomfort she was in. I told her to go up to her room, lie down, and get some rest. She did without complaint. She spent much of the rest of the evening in her room, napping or lying quietly in her bed. Only once did she complain a little of wanting to be watching TV or playing with her sisters. She was listening to her body, knew she needed to extra rest, and did what she needed to in order to feel better. I am blown away by what a good patient she was - not to mention a little embarrassed that my 6-year-old is better at taking care of herself than I seem to be. She may be much younger, but there is still quite a bit I can learn from my daughter, if I only open myself to being taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment