Saturday, December 29, 2012

Growing So Fast

Today I took a few pictures of the girls doing random things here and there, as I do pretty often. But tonight, as I was looking at the pictures I uploaded, I had one of those moments in which I was blown away at how big my daughters have become. They seem to blossom overnight, and I turn around to find not three little girls but three young ladies growing faster than I realize.

First is Jocie's picture. All of a sudden, when she is asked to smile for a picture this is the pose she immediately goes to:


I don't know when the hip started to jut out and she give this sassy little pose, but she consistently is looking like this in most pictures these days. My rambunctious toddler is turning into quite the little diva, a realization that is both funny and frightening all at once.

Then there's this picture of Ava and Molly: these two have been playing together a lot over the last day or two. This evening Ava wanted to show me that she had piled Molly into her rocker with several of her stuffed friends. She then insisted I take a picture of how cute Molly was. As I was about to, Ava covered Molly with the blanket (thus covering the animals, but whatever) and posed next to her. I can't explain exactly what it is, but both girls just look very OLD to me in this picture.


I love these kinds of pictures. While they don't show any big or significant event, they reveal who my children are at this very moment. In the blink of an eye they will have completely changed and grown yet again, so I treasure these snippets of time that just show them for who they are today.


No comments:

Post a Comment