Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Christmas

Today I am thankful for so many things. I am thankful for children who sleep until 7am even on Christmas morning simply because that's what they're told to do. I'm thankful for Santa, Mrs. Claus, and our many family and friends who gave us so many wonderful gifts to unwrap. I am thankful for a quiet day with my husband and daughters spent assembling new toys and exploring all of our new things. I am thankful for the chance to wish our Texas families a Merry Christmas over Skype, and give the girls a chance to see their family even when we're half a country away. I am thankful to have found adopted family here in Virginia that we could share a Christmas dinner with. Most of all, I am thankful for the birth of a baby boy many years ago, who gave me the opportunity to have this day to share with my family and show through gift-giving and time spent together how much we love each other. It was a great day start to finish; I wouldn't change a thing, and can't wait to do it all again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment