Friday, December 28, 2012

Vacation

Today has really had me stumped. We had a nice day and while I have no real complaints, I also don't really have anything meaningful to write about. We had a playdate in the morning, a nice quiet time in the afternoon, and dinner and playtime with Ben in the evening. I think what I have treasured most about today, and really the past few days, is that I have made a conscious effort to make this holiday break a true vacation. Not the kind of vacation with fun sightseeing or exciting adventures, but a break from the crazy busy lives we normally lead. We have done one small thing each day, and the rest of the time we have just vegged. And I have enjoyed EVERY second of it. I know that this time next week we will already be waist-deep back in the swing of things, with school, dance, and all the other social activities that keep us on our toes. I love our busy lives, but I am also not going to let this time off pass me by without savoring as much of the quiet as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment