Sunday, December 16, 2012

More Little Girl Fun

Today was another day when I was lucky enough to share a special moment with not one, not two, but all three of my daughters. First was Ava, who helped me make the gifts we are giving out to all of the girls' teachers this year. They are pretzels with a Rolo slightly melted on top and an M&M stuck to the top of that. They are pretty simple to make, and Ava was a great help making them. She was so proud that she would be able to tell all of her teachers that she helped make their Christmas gifts. I was proud she wants to take ownership in these kinds of activities now, and happy to have shared the time with her.

This afternoon during quiet time Jocelyn chose to watch a Baby Einstein-type movie, that only runs about 30 minutes and plays classical music while random images pop up on the screen. When it was over she came upstairs, and I very quickly told her that quiet time was in fact not over yet. She asked if she could snuggle with me, and I told her I was watching grown-up TV but she was more than welcome to keep me company. She climbed onto the couch and settled in. About 10 minutes later, I felt her twitch slightly. I looked down to find her snoring and asleep on me. Most of the time getting her to nap is like pulling teeth, and she certainly doesn't want to be lying on me when she does it. It was a very nice 45 minutes that I very much savored.

And finally this evening there was Molly... all of a sudden over the past few weeks she has really gotten into make-believe play with dolls. We have a Little People nativity set, and every day she is taking the characters down and playing with them. The last few days she has decided that the best way for them to travel is inside shoes. She will line them up inside someone's shoe (usually hers or Ava's) and scoot them all over the floor. It is innovative and silly all at the same time. I sat on the couch for a good 10 minutes, just watching her talking to these toys and transporting them where they clearly needed to go. Watching her discover the world around her makes me smile and look forward to all the days of discovery and fun yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment