Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Singing Angel

Today was the Christmas program at Jocelyn's preschool. It is a very simple program - the 2- and 3-year-olds stand in the back with silver pipe cleaner halos on as the 4-year-olds act out the Nativity story, then everyone sings a few Christmas carols. While it may not be elaborate, there is such a sweetness in those little faces as they sing the sweet songs of Christ's birth. Jocelyn was so proud of herself, waving wildly at me, Molly, and miss Katy. After the singing but before the children were dismissed, the church's pastor came up and spoke to the kids, and concluded with a prayer. He asked the kids to fold their hands, close their eyes, and repeat after him. I cheated and kept my eyes open, watching Jocie with her shut eyes and folded hands saying the prayer perfectly after the pastor. What a blessing to have her school teaching her not just how to learn but how to pray. As I sat there I also realized this would be the last program I would be watching with a child still with me; next year Molly will be at the school and up on that stage as well. I am so grateful we have found this wonderful preschool that is instilling in my children a firm Christian foundation.

getting ready to sing (she's on the top, second from the left)

my singing angel, getting a snack after a job well done

No comments:

Post a Comment