Saturday, December 1, 2012

'Round and 'Round

Today I drove 50 miles in a span of 4 hours. We went to celebrate our little friend Avery's 2nd birthday at her house. In the middle of the festivities Ava had dance practice, so I took her to the dance studio for an hour before heading back to the party. It was a lot of time in the car, dealing with crazy holiday-shopping drivers. But it was all worth it for the terrific time we had. Ava had another wonderful dance practice, and was so excited when she was finished. And at the party, there was good food and even better company. It has been a privilege watching Avery and Molly grow up together, and I treasure my friendship with her Momma greatly. Case in point: the other day I had mentioned I missed out on pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving (I just never got a piece) so of course I had been craving it since. This afternoon I arrived at the party to find Sharon had made an extra pumpkin pie just for me! A day full of fun was totally worth the miles added to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment