Friday, April 12, 2013

Time to Talk

This evening was a dance night for Ava. I decided rather than to leave and return an hour or so later to pick her up that I would just wait in the lobby. In addition to me there were a few other moms sitting waiting for their daughters as well. We ended up sitting and chatting for the entire time we were waiting. These are women that I know from times like this, running into each other at the studio or at dance events. I like them a lot, but our relationships tend to be more superficial since we are usually surrounded by our kids and the chaos of the studio. Tonight was a quiet night, and I felt like I had some really great conversations with these great women. I left feeling rejuvenated from the quality adult conversation with these wonderful ladies. I hope there are many more opportunities to get to know these people much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment