Saturday, April 27, 2013

Healing Laughter

I wish I could explain why this week has been so difficult. To be perfectly honest, I am tired of complaining about how my kids have driven me crazy, or wondering if I could make it through the day in one sane piece. Each night I've gone to bed thinking, Okay, so today sort of sucked, but tomorrow's bound to be better. And then it's just more of the same. Today was just like the past few - the girls whining at every thing I said that wasn't exactly what they wanted to hear, and me feeling like all I do is talk to little people who don't actually listen to anything I say.

Today's silver lining: my girls laughing together. There were several moments today when the girls played together and were not bickering or bosssing. My prime example: I had dished put the girls' dinners and then run upstairs. As I came back down the stairs, I heard all three girls giggling hysterically. Turned out they were laughing at someone's burp or something equally inappropriate. But after another stressful day, I chose to just be content with that happy moment between my girls. Sometimes manners and appropriateness can take the back seat to a moment of joy and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment