Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fool

Today it seems I was the unfortunate victim of April Fool's Day just by simply being a fool. I got the kids ready to go back to school after a week off. I dropped Ava off at the neighbor's and drove Jocie to preschool. As I approached the school, my first thought was that there were not very many cars in the parking lot. It took another second or two to realize that there was ONE car in the entire lot. There was no school for Jocie today. I kept trying to remember if I ever knew that she dodn't have school today, if maybe my forgetful brain had blocked it out. I honestly don't have any idea. Jocelyn was of course disappointed, but we managed to make it a good day anyway.

I have to say that the best part of all of this is that I coped. I mean REALLY dealt with the situation like a rational adult. I had goofed, and there was nothing I could do other than sigh, roll my eyes, and laugh at myself. I didn't get irrationally frustrated or want to burst into tears, as has been my tendency of late. I am grateful for baby steps in the right direction. I can always expect these curveballs in my everyday life, and I feel better knowing I am able to once again handle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment