Monday, April 22, 2013

Minivan Momma

Mondays are the longest day of the week for us. The basic schedule is: drop Jocelyn at school at 9am, pick her up at noon, pick Ava up at school at 1:15pm, take Ava to religious education class at 4:30pm, pick her up at 6:05pm. As you can see, not only am I constantly getting in and out of the car, but often there is only a 30 minute stretch between unloading kids and reloading them for the next trip out.

My bit of comfort on days such as this: my new minivan. Last month for financial and logistical reasons we traded in my SUV for a Toyota Sienna. I was glad to be gaining the extra space and all, but I never imagined how much I would LOVE having this van. Molly couldn't climb in to the old car, but this one she can get into no problem. There is enough space between seats for the girls to get to either door with easily. They can get into the third row without climbing over and dirtying the middle seat. I still do not enjoy spending so much of my day in the car, but the ease of loading and unloading the kids and their stuff certainly makes it more enjoyable. I am officially a minivan mom, and I couldn't be happier about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment