Thursday, April 18, 2013

Good Times

This evening we went over to the Foley's house for dinner. It was just another dinner together - the kids ran around playing and the adults conversed as much as we could in between the constant interruptions that come with having six girls age 6 and younger. It was a great evening for the simple fact that it seems like it has been forever since we've had a quiet dinner together with friends. On Easter we saw several families, which is nice as well but certainly more chaotic. And these days with afternoon and evening activities and weekends full of on event after another, I find weeks can fly by and I haven't actually SEEN friends who I used to get together with multiple times a week. I still talk to people on the phone daily and try to get together at least once a week, but it seems it's always a rushed visit in between commitments and I don't get to fully relax and enjoy the time. Tonight we had nothing to do but get the kids home in time to get a good night's sleep. We accomplished that as well as have a fantastic evening, so I'd say our mission was accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment