Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Eager to Learn

Tonight was CETA Night at Ava's elementary school. CETA stands for Changing Education Through the Arts. It is a program with the Kennedy Center of the Arts that Ava's school is involved in in which the teachers learn different approaches to teaching that involve artistic expression such as poetry, movement, and music. This evening we saw how the Kindergarteners have learned to write poetry through a series of steps. As usual, my children tried to steal the show. All three girls sat very well and listened to what the teachers were saying. When it was time to participate, I honestly think Jocie was called on more than any other child there. She wanted SO badly to be called on and share something - anything - with the group. Ben shrunk back with each response, and I tried my best not to intervene (as no one else seemed to mind terribly). I sometimes wish my kids were a TEENY bit more introverted or quiet, but I love their energy and excitement, especially when it's related to school. I will encourage their love for learning for as long as I possibly can.

the girls taking in the lesson

our view for most of the evening - Jocelyn with her hand in the air, waiting to be called on

No comments:

Post a Comment