Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dinner of Champions

Today I was EXHAUSTED. I don't know why, but the past few days must have caught up with me, because I was just running on empty all day long. By the time we had sat our 2 hours at the dance studio and were on the way home, I was completely stumped as to what to for dinner. I had originally thought of hot dogs with macaroni and cheese, but I knew the girls were too hungry to wait even long enough for a simple meal to cook. Meanwhile, I kept thinking how much I was craving a milkshake-type treat. So I decided, what the heck? And we had Dairy Queen for dinner tonight. Not as in we ate actual food from there, but as in Molly and Jocelyn had sundaes for dinner while Ava and I feasted on Blizzards. Was it nutricious in any way? No. But I satisfied my personal craving, got to be the cool mom for a whole 10 minutes or so, and in the end we all had happy and full bellies. Not a bad way to salvage the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment