Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mommy-Molly Time

My happy thought is once again a bit of a two-fold thought. This evening Ben has taken Ava and Jocelyn on a mini camping excursion. They are just going for tonight to a campground about 30 minutes from our house. All three of them were SO excited. They have been talking about it for days and anticipating leaving ever since they woke up this morning. I am not a camper - I am grateful I live in an era with air conditioning, indoor plumbing, and all the other conveniences of living in a home. Ben, on the other hand, loves camping and has been anxious to share this with his kids. I am excited for the three of them to have this adventure together, and hope that it is a positive and fun bonding experience for them all.

Meanwhile, Molly and I stayed home to have some time just the two of us. We had a very nice afternoon and evening. We began our time with a walk through the neighborhood. We looked at and named the different colored flowers. I asked her to leave the flowers in the ground, so instead Molly found leaves periodically to collect. Then she would lie flat on her stomach in the middle of the sidewalk to watch ants crawling along in the cracks. When we finally got back to our house Molly drew with chalk in the driveway while I cooked dinner; then we feasted on macaroni and cheese and broccoli, as per Molly's request. Molly got an early bath and then settled in with me to watch The Lion King before calling it a night. At the beginning of the afternoon I was feeling very guilty for not having special planned for our time together. But in the end I decided that togetherness made the evening special enough. We had a great time and will be very excited to reunite with the rest of our family in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment