Tuesday, April 2, 2013

ALL the Time

Today was a really good day. Things are starting to look up, and while I am cautiously optimistic I am optimistic nonetheless. Oftentimes if something goes the way I want it to - I find something I've been searching for, or something goes the way I hoped it would - I find myself thanking God. And as soon as I do that, I repeat the saying, "God is good all the time, and all the time God is good." We used to say that as a way of quieting a group down in school or church gatherings. The leader would say, "God is good!" and everyone would respond, "All the time!" Then the leader said, "And all the time!" with the group responding, "God is good!" I now repeat these words to myself as a way of remembering that God is so good each and every minute of the day. I recognize it and am thankful for it when things go the way I want them to. But God is always good ALL of the time. I pray that the good times keep coming, but I will always remember that God is not good because good things happen; rather, good things happen because God is so very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment