Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sleepover Fun

Last night Ava had her third-ever sleepover. I dropped her off after dinner and barely got a hug good-bye out of her before she dashed away to play with her friend. So, much of today was spent as a family-down-to-4. We played a little, ran some errands, and napped (ALL of us!) before going to pick up our missing member. We stayed for dinner, and Jocelyn joined in on the girlie fun: drawing, playing outside, and making up dances. The night ended with a REALLY well-choreographed and rehearsed dance by Ava and Casey. Overall it was a fun time - Ava had a great night and day away from home (growing that independence), and we had a nice day the four of us, Ben and I each getting some quality time in with Jocelyn and Molly. My kids are growing up so fast, and while it occasionally feels bittersweet, I am genuinely excited to see my girls grow up.

the girls: Molly, Casey, Ava, and Jocie (3 out of 4 smiles ain't bad)

No comments:

Post a Comment