Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pizza Party

For once, today I planned ahead and knew exactly what I was going to make for dinner: a nice twist on shepherd's pie that my kids help make and will actually eat! However, as I was still sitting at the dance studio at 4:45pm, I suddenly realized that it takes at least an hour to cook this meal. On top of that, we had some last minute dinner guests coming. So what to do? Fortunately, I had received a coupon the other day for a free Artisan's pizza from Domino's Pizza. Sounded delicious for the adults, but figured the kids wouldn't really care for it, so I grabbed a freshly-purchased Boboli's pizza crust from the pantry, threw some pizza sauce and cheese on top of it, and boom! Dinner done. (Well, add some salad and applesauce, then dinner done.) It was such a lifesaver to have that coupon. I wasn't sure I'd get to use it when I received it, but it really came in handy. For a last minute meal, I have to say I was pretty pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment