Monday, April 2, 2012

Dentist Divas

Today was the first day of Spring Break, and we kicked it off with a mass trip to the dentist. ALL three girls saw the dentist, and ALL three were phenomenal!

We started with Ava. I was filling out new patient paperwork for Molly when a dental assistant came out and said, "Okay, Ava, come on back." Ava sort of looked at me, and I looked back at her with the same look - a look that I wasn't sure I was ready for her to be big enough to go back by herself. But I nodded to her and told her to go on back, the rest of us would be there in a minute. And off she went! By the time I did walk to the back, she was finishing up - having been brushed and taken x-rays all on her own. I mean, when did my daughter get so big that she can handle all that on her own?!? Amazing.

Then it was Jocelyn's turn. Jocelyn was the one I was most worried about. The last time she saw the dentist I had to hold her in my lap while the dentist almost pried her mouth open to sneak the fluoride in. And sure enough, as soon as the chair began to recline she sat straight up and was ready to bolt. After some coddling and soothing, she seemed to decide that she could get comfortable if she took off her shoes... weird, but effective! She laid back and was brushed, flossed, and even took x-ray pictures herself! Meanwhile Ava played the supportive big sister, holding Jocie's hand and taking pictures to document the entire event.

Finally, there was Molly. Again, I wasn't too sure how she would take to someone prodding around her mouth. She sat in my lap and reclined back into the dentist's lap. She looked at the both of us VERY suspiciously, but never made a peep or struggled away. She was brushed and painted with fluoride and sent on her merry way as well.

Three girls, three gleaming-clean mouths of teeth. No cavities or issues. What more could a Momma ask for?? Definitely a great way to kick off the week.

Ava cleaning up

helping Jocelyn through the cleaning



Molly getting her teeth painted

x-rays for Jocie

Smiles all around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment