Monday, April 9, 2012

Quiet Time Champ

Today we girls spent much of the time recovering from the craziness of our weekend. Jocelyn literally woke up looking exhausted - her eyes were half-closed all morning long. There was quiet playing in bedrooms and around the house, then a bit of an early lunch so Molly and Jocie could go down for some much-needed naps. Ava, as usual, lay down in the living room and played quietly and watched a little TV for her "quiet time." She rarely ever needs a nap anymore, and even when she does it's nearly impossible to convince her to take one.

The routine of late has become this: Jocelyn naps in my bed (I'm not sure why, but I don't question what works). She takes good naps, but often struggles settling down to go to sleep. So I will lie in the bed with her for 15 to 30 minutes to make sure she goes to sleep, sometimes even catching a power nap myself. Then I return downstairs and either catch up on chores of spend some time sitting quietly with Ava. Today, however, my 30 minute snooze with Jocelyn turned out to be over an hour! It seems I was quite beat from the weekend too, and napped longer than I have in a long time. The greatest part of all this: I was thinking as I was coming down the stairs that I had no fear as to what I would find from Ava's long stretch by herself. She is so responsible, even at 5-years-old. She knows what the rules are, and really does not take advantage of the lack of supervision. I needed that nap, and was only able to take it because I was not worried about what was happening in my absence of consciousness. I am so blessed to have a daughter that may not appreciate a nap, but behaves herself when left to her own devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment