Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ceiling Fans!!

Today we had ceiling fans installed in our home. That sentence may not sound very eventful or exciting, but I cannot begin to describe how GIDDY I have been all day! I am a child of the South, where is it nasty-hot 90% of the year, and ceiling fans are not even a question - there is one in every room, maybe two if it's a large room with a high ceiling. But here in northern Virginia, ceiling fans (or even ceiling lights, for that matter) don't appear to be very important. In our first house here there was a ceiling fan in our master bedroom, but the girls had nothing on the ceiling, just an outlet connected to the wall switch. Here there was not a SINGLE ceiling fan - until today. I called around, got my quotes, found a wonderful electrician at a GREAT price (thank you to our realtor Trey), and had electrical done and fans installed in about 4 1/2 hours. Now when I walk into a bedroom and turn on the light, the room is evenly lit from above, not just one side or corner where a lamp has been placed. And I know that this summer - heck, even tonight - my family will not bake from lack of air circulation. I also think as much as I'm excited about the fans themselves, I'm just as excited about improving our home. Other than painting we really hadn't done anything to make this house our own yet, and this just seems the first step to making our home just the way we want it. For this Southern girl, the addition of ceiling fans to our house makes it that much closer to perfect. Tonight I am one happy and cool homeowner.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, yes!! I don't know what the people of Virginia have against real light fixtures and ceiling fans, but they're definitely few and far between! I'm so happy for you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete