Sunday, April 29, 2012

A New 'Do

Yesterday I got my hair cut. I have needed to cut my hair for WEEKS now. I have come to the realization that while most women like long hair... I do not. When my hair gets much past my shoulders, it just seems to annoy the tar out of me and I just pull it up in a ponytail everyday. So yesterday afternoon I took advantage of my dad being around to watch the girls, went to a totally new place (my usual stylist being out of town), and dove in, hoping for the best. Since I did it late yesterday and didn't really have time to take it in, today was my first full day with the new 'do. And I LOVE it. No pictures yet (haven't really made an effort to take one), and while it's nothing super fancy - just a layered bob-like cut that falls just above my shoulders - it is so incredibly nice to have my hair short again. I can't begin to imagine how much she ended up cutting off, but I figuratively and literally feel the weight lifted off. I know this is totally a girl thing, but I am so glad I went with my impulse and got this wonderful haircut. It's short, springy, cute, and somehow makes me feel more... well, ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment