Saturday, April 21, 2012

Beyond the Stars

It's competition day! Ava and her group did FANTASTIC. In the past month, they have had quite a bit thrown at them - two girls left the group at different times, which meant two separate changes in their routines. They've not had classes due to other competitions and spring break. And on Thursday their jazz teacher gave birth to her daughter a few weeks early. This would be a lot for any group, and for these 5-, 6-, and 7-year-olds... well, I think most of us moms were a little worried how our girls would handle the day.

I'd be lying if I said they were perfect. But they did their best, and every one of them had a smile on her face from start to finish. They made their dance company and parents very proud. When Ava walked onstage for her first routine (ballet, by the way), I saw this amazing creature gracefully moving with the sweetest smile on her face, and was blown away that I get to call this child my daughter. Ava is one amazing dancer, and an even more amazing human being. I am grateful for days like this when I get hit in the face with just how incredible my kids are.

Ava and Jocelyn walking in to the competition

Molly and Daddy trying to keep up

Ava's ballet costume

Routine name: I See the Light (song from Tangled)

Jocie, Casey, and Ava

Ava's "scary dinosaur face"

Jazz costume - Walk the Dinosaur

Rising Stars and Shooting Stars groups (and Jocelyn)

Ava with her biggest fan :)

getting ready for tap - Down at the Twist and Shout

Ava was given this water bottle as a gift - Molly stole it and didn't want to give it back!

lunching between performances and awards

on stage for award ceremony

Ava's dance director getting special recognition for having a grandchild born on Thursday night yet still being at the competition all weekend supporting his dance family

Ava's tap routine received a special judge's award: "Country Girl Goodness"

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! cutest Costumes ever. I would like the "walk the dinosaur" costume for my 6year old daughter. Is anyone selling theirs?

    ReplyDelete