Friday, February 3, 2012

Through Sickness

Tonight Jocelyn and I got to have an impromptu bonding night in the local emergency center. Nothing serious - just getting ourselves checked out for the pink eye Ava was gracious enough to share with us. Jocelyn didn't show any symptoms until almost 5pm, so we headed out after dinner at almost 7:30pm. Nice thing was it was VERY quiet tonight, and we were in and out in just over an hour. I was a little nervous about how she'd behave with it being so close to bedtime, but I think she enjoyed some one-on-one attention from Momma, even if it had to come in the form of side-by-side medical exams. It was a nice quiet time for me to realize just how much she's growing and maturing into her own unique, beautiful person. I would rather not have ended my Friday night in the ER, but can think of few others I'd like to have shared such a night with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment