Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dance Day

Today was indeed a dance day, the first of many this spring. I had a dance company parents' meeting at 2:30pm, and seeing as how Ben was recruiting for his reserve unit and then had dance practice of his own, the girls all came with me. Ava and Jocelyn immediately disappeared to play with their other friends. Molly, true to form, decided to hold court during the meeting, never making a sound but rather wandering around the circle of parents, waving and giving her best grins to whoever would pay attention. Then we had dinner with 4 of the other dance families. We went to the Gilsons' house, and once again my children made a disappearing act. I am told there were dances choreographed, treasure hunts gone on, and somewhere in there dinner and dessert were feasted on. I on the other hand, other than having to corral Molly from jumping up the staircase from time to time, was able to sit and chat with a group of ladies I very much enjoy but rarely get to see outside the chaos of the dance studio.


This was our dinner group tonight. They range from munchkin to middle-schooler, but all get along beautifully (well, most of the time). I am so glad we get to be part of this wonderfully dysfunctional but highly entertaining dance family, and can't wait for all the fun times and wine shared in the months to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment