Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bringing Home the Bacon

My blessing for today was most definitely my husband. Ben is my best friend, my partner, and I love him for many reasons. Today I appreciate him for one very specific reason: grocery shopping. I hate going to the grocery store. I'm not sure why, but it always seems like it takes too long, I take forever trying to figure out just what I want, and even going to the commissary I feel like I spend a ridiculous amount of money on food. Even worse, I CRINGE at the thought of having to take my children to the grocery store - making the awful task even worse with the never-ending "Can we get this?" and "I want that!" But Ben really enjoys going grocery shopping. Tonight, as he often does, he even took Ava and Jocelyn with him on his commissary run. I don't know very many men who are willing to go on more than a beer run to the grocery store, much less take their kids on such an excursion. Ben does it all the time, and it truly is one of the greatest gifts he gives me each week. In marriage it is so easy to slip into routine and forget to cherish all the small things we do for each other. Tonight I am grateful that God blessed me with a man that enjoys grocery shopping, and I hope to remember to thank him for being his wonderful self more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment