Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jocelyn Rose

Today is Jocelyn's birthday. Three years ago today, I knew I was going to give birth to my second daughter. I had been checked into the hospital the night before, being told if I was not in active labor by the morning they would start inducing me. At about 10:55am, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. The most memorable moment: at one point I heard one of the nurses say "8-14" and I thought, is that the time of day? Oh, no, it was her weight... ;)

Now what a big girl she really is! Jocelyn is such an amazing little girl. She has a humongous heart and is just the most caring child. She is exploring her nurturing side, always caring for those smaller than her. I love when she looks at Molly and says, "She's so CUTE!" She has herself a temper, but that temper is very short-lived - she has her fit, lets you know how she feels, and then is over it. She loves The Fresh Beat Band, and sings and dances her way through her day to all of their songs. She is becoming very girly too, preferring dresses and skirts to any cute top and pants. She is my snuggler: the only one of my daughters who will sit for any period of time nestled in my arms relaxing and being loved on. Her hair is finally starting to grow out, but heaven forbid you try to put anything in it, her hair is strictly free-range! She loves to wrestle, and is very talented at it (so says her Daddy, who's ready to start training her for her future MMA career).

I remember in the weeks before Jocelyn was born, I had the hardest time imaging how I could love another child as much as I loved my oldest. Ava and I had such a special bond, having spent so much time together while Ben was gone on deployments. But (like any parent of more than one child) the moment I saw her I was in love. She is my Texas Tornado, and I cannot imagine my life without that beautiful, loud ball of energy.

A few pictures from her special day:

decorations in the den

arts and crafts table

living room decor

more living room

the cakes - Ben's masterpieces

playing with friends

the food (half-eaten) and gifts

very excited about eating cake :)

more time with friends

dance party!!

being silly with Miss Victoria and Miss Veronica

cheesing with the gifts

what's in this one?

yay, presents!

what happens when you leave the 3-year-old alone in the kitchen with leftover cake... ;)


my big, beautiful, amazing, wonderful Jocelyn Rose :D

2 comments:

  1. This made me smile :) Happy Birthday! -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! Jocelyn weighed the same as Aaron! :) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete