Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Thanks for Reading!

This evening I was waiting for Ava to come out of her dance class, and said hello to another mom who came in and sat next to me. In our conversation she brought up that she reads my blog and what fun it is for her to sit and read what I've written. It was so nice to hear that. This was a bright point not just today but in many a day of mine. I started this blog for myself, to hold myself accountable for seeing some bit of good in each and every day and taking those positive thoughts with me to bed. While my focus is not meant to be on the other people that read this, it is still nice to know that I am reaching other people, and maybe even from time to time bringing a bright moment to their day. In the beginning especially, I would almost get annoyed that no one would comment on my posts. I would think, doesn't anyone care about what I have to say? Are people even reading this, or is it a waste of my time? As the days have passed I have gotten better at remembering the true reason for what I am doing, but it still makes my day to know that someone somewhere is reading what I write and enjoying it. So thank you to Liz, and to all of you who have talked to me about what I'm writing and what you think of it. It helps me feel I am having an impact on the world around me, and that is a very positive way to end any day :)

2 comments:

  1. Laura, not that it matters but I have been reading for awhile now and thought this would be a good post to let you know:) I used to feel the same way about my blog but then realized that I am writing it as a journal for Riley and I to look back on and didn't care about having readers, in fact now that I have gone private I get less than 10 hits a day usually! Just wanted you to know that I enjoy reading every night and look forward to seeing what you Sewards are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also check in everyday! I don't usually have anything of value to add, so I don't comment, but I always read :) (also, it makes me log in to post and remembering my password is a feat!)

    ReplyDelete