Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Power of Dance

Today's highlight was the hour-and-a-half that all of us girls spent at Chris Collins Dance Studio. I don't know if it was the full moon last night or what, but today the girls all decided that rest was highly overrated - Molly only took one nap for MAYBE an hour (most of which ended up being on my lap instead of her bed), and Jocelyn did not nap AT ALL. I knew that the final few hours of the day, aka the Witching Hours, would be even tougher than usual. We were all very much looking forward to our time at CCDS. Jocelyn is friends with all of the "big kids," and it takes only minutes for her to run off and find someone not yet in class to play with. Molly now enjoys toddling around the studio as well, and tries to escape me at every chance. Both girls REALLY love watching dance classes. When they have the chance, they will stand in the doorway mesmerized at the amazing things happening on the dance floor. I myself enjoy sitting in the lobby and having some semblance of adult conversation with the other parents waiting on their dancers. On Tuesdays I even get a 15 minute break to myself, when some of the dancers have extra time between classes, and after getting ready love to play with my kids. Each child has her favorite of course - Jocelyn's BFF is a girl named Casey, while Molly loves her some Miss Victoria, one of the assistant teachers who has also been a frequent babysitter for us. There were of course meltdowns upon leaving the magical world of dance class (mainly by Jocelyn today), and bedtime couldn't come fast enough once we got home, but that short break this evening certainly saved all of us from most certain and immediate insanity.

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts and you. Just wanted to tell you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much friend :) Reading this totally made my morning. Hugs to you!!

      Delete