Monday, February 6, 2012

On the Other Side :)

Finally, a day that was better than the last! :) Today I was extra aware of the small things that make for a good day: feeling human was a great start. I still have a slightly bloodshot eye, but no migraine of body aches make the physical appearance much more bearable. I was WAY more productive today - washed dishes, completed multiple loads of laundry, and cleaned up rooms that over the weekend went by the wayside. My children were... well, still my children. They had their good moments and not-so-good moments, and we all took them in stride - no tears and very few raised voices. My two funny stories of the day: Ava informed me this morning that she should talk as much as possible so that way her mouth is too busy to suck her thumb. (It makes my head hurt on so many levels...) Then later Jocelyn was whining about something I told her to do. She said "BUT MOM..." Then there was this pause. She looked at me and said, "Mommy, you say no buts, Jocie Rose!" Glad to know even if she doesn't respond at least she hears me when I'm talking to her ;)

It always seems so hard when I'm not feeling well to remember just how quickly the illness passes. In the grand scheme it's a small blip forgotten almost immediately, but at the time it seems I'll feel sick forever and never be the same. But today I regained my perspective. I know this weekend was miserable more times than not, but today is Monday, the start of a new and much better week. My physical and emotional strength is returning with a vengeance, and I am excited to tackle whatever life brings in the days to come. I've heard the saying that if there was no "bad" you would not be able to appreciate how good the "good" really is. I am just really hoping I've had enough bad recently to keep me appreciating the good for a good long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment