Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mother Nature Weirdness

Today was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day. Someone clearly forgot to tell the weather this is February in Washington, DC, because it was almost 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. This meant after naptime we all went outside and played in our front yard for the first time since we moved here. (Well, the first time snow wasn't involved, anyway) It was so much fun! Ava and Jocelyn kicked the soccer ball around with Ben and I. Molly was very weirded out by the sensation of standing on grass and stayed in one spot most of the time. After a little while some of our neighbors emerged, and the girls got to play with their friends while we had the chance to talk to our new neighbors and get to know them a little better. It was such a rare treat, the mild weather. I have no illusions that it will last, but I will take today and be very grateful for it.

Yay outside!!

Getting the hang of kicking the soccer ball

This grass stuff is WEIRD!

Jocie pouting for some unknown reason

Molly taking a turn at kicking the soccer ball

The girls and one of our neighbors playing hopscotch

Molly stealing a turn on Jocelyn's scooter

Life is GOOD :)

As if this weren't enough, tonight I am also thankful for my papasan chair. Ben and I bought this silly chair when we first got married. We received a few gift cards from Pier 1, and to be honest there was not much besides a papasan chair from that store that I wanted. Unfortunately, it's rarely fit in any of the places we've lived. In this new house, it currently sits in our study. Tonight, I cleared it off and sat and read for an hour or so. It is SO comfortable - it seems to cradle me as I relax and have some me-time at the end of the day. I am very excited to have rediscovered this little jewel of furniture, and look forward to many more evenings nestled in its welcoming seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment