Friday, May 4, 2012

Spoiled Rotten

Today was a crazy long travel day. We left our house just after 8am, flew 2 1/2 hours, drove another 2, not to mention all the wait time in between... needless to say, we were all wearing on each other's nerves by the time we arrived here in Columbia, MO. And yet, every second of the long journey was totally worth it. Today was the dress rehearsal for Rob and Laura's wedding, which Ava and Jocie are going to be flower girls for. And for as much as my daughters were driving Ben and I bonkers, they charmed the pants off everyone else there. They were polite and relatively calm. They have already been completely spoiled, getting no less than THREE presents. It never gets old seeing my daughters bring to others a fraction of the joy they bring to me everyday. I cannot promise they will be the perfect flower girls tomorrow, but they will be themselves, and I couldn't wish for any more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment