Sunday, May 20, 2012

Another Dance Day

Today we went to the On Point dance competition for our last competition of the year. And once again, the dancing did not disappoint. Ava's group did great - many overall awards and even a special judge's award (can't even remember what it was for now, but probably something about being cute). Ben and the other Disco Dads brought down the house yet again. Once again, however, I found myself treasuring the moments off the stage. My fellow cheerleaders, Jocelyn and Molly, were TOTAL rock stars. We were there almost 6 hours today, and there was barely a peep of complaint out of them. Molly finally lost it during awards when she saw her Daddy onstage but couldn't go to him. When I looked at my watch, I saw it was 8:20 - no wonder she was a mess! Jocelyn was easygoing as ever, bouncing from lap to lap and chasing her friends around to keep herself happy. Both girls passed out on the way home (my car clock read 8:52pm when we were pulling away from the competition), and didn't stir a bit when I transferred them to their beds. Then there were Ben and Ava, who drove to and from the competition together, and hung out on stage together for awards. I mean, how rare that a man and his daughter can bond over a DANCE COMPETITION! And yet that's exactly what they did. This dance experience has blessed us in so many ways, and although I am ridiculously exhausted I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything.

exchanging gifts with big sister Victoria

Ava and Riley - dance BFFs

tap costume; she demanded I take her picture in THIS pose

Rising Stars following their tap teacher Mr. Chris backstage

my 3 munchkins taking a much-needed snack break

Jocelyn's favorite seat at competitions - Mr. Chris's lap

No comments:

Post a Comment