Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Saving Grace

So although I will date this for the correct day, I am writing this post a day late. Yesterday afternoon I got one of the WORST headaches ever. I don't get headaches often, but when I do they are pretty bad. I can only remember maybe 2 or 3 times it's felt this bad. I walked around without my glasses because it hurt my eyes to have them on. I only spoke when absolutely necessary, because even the sound of my own quietest voice was too noisy. When I stood up I could actually feel the heaviness of my head. Add to that Ava and Jocelyn refusing to rest during Quiet Time, and an over-exhausted Molly who only napped for 45 minutes, and I was pretty well in panic mode by about 3pm.

Fortunately, my kids seemed to sense my desperation, and stepped up to the plate. I spent almost all of the next 2 hours lying down, either on my bed or the living room couch. The girls played downstairs, watched tv, and in general kept out of each other's hair. I honestly don't remember much, but there was little or no arguing, whining, or coming to me asking for help with something random. Ben managed to get home by 6, and after that I was able to take a backseat to parenting. He got the kids bathed and to bed. They woke up this morning in good spirits, so I'm assuming he did a good job. I was out for the night at 8:45pm, and just kept thanking God that my kids had been able to keep it together for one afternoon when Momma wasn't 100%. It's amazing how kids sense when things are amiss - sometimes they prey on that kind of weakness, and other times they make that their moment to shine. Yesterday Ava, Jocelyn, and Molly proved once again that they are all my shining stars, and I couldn't be more proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment