Thursday, May 10, 2012

All Stars

My family stinkin' rocks. Tired of hearing me say that? Sorry, but it bears repeating. Today Ben, Ava, Jocelyn, and Molly each made a positive impact on my day, and reminded me just how blessed I am to have such a stellar family.

This morning the girls had a Mother's Day Tea at the preschool. Jocelyn is still pretty young to really understand, but Ava totally got it. Her class made these mugs with some of their own artwork stuck in the inside. Then they gave us a tea bag to use in the mug. Ava must have told me 8 or 9 times it was for me to "have 5 minutes of peace and quiet for myself." She was so concerned with making sure I had my peaceful moment - I was beyond touched at how thoughtful and considerate she was to me.

together at our tea time

Molly is fighting through yet ANOTHER bout of teething. Slight fever most of the time, puny and cuddly, but never complains. In the car earlier, as Jocelyn was playing with an Elmo toy, she began singing the end of the Elmo's World song. While we were at a red light (I drive safely, I promise!) this is what I caught her doing:

Oh, and those pigtails... how can you not grin at that ridiculousness??

Then it was Ava and Jocelyn's first day of swim lessons. Of the two, I was more nervous about how comfortable Ava would be; turned out Jocelyn was the one who got a little spastic in the water. She panicked for a minute or two, then pretty much on her own calmed down and moved on to the next activity. By the end of the 30 minute class she was having another meltdown, but this time because she didn't want to leave! I love her persistence and determination to succeed.

the little swimmer

Finally, I headed off to my dance class for the first time in a few weeks. Before I left, Ben asked me what in the house needed to be done. Slightly thrown off, I said there were a few loads of laundry that needed to be folded, and if he did any of it that would be great. I came home to this:


For those of you who don't have children, that is an obscene amount of tiny articles of clothing, that I can't even imagine how long it must have taken to fold. I was happy with any help, but over the moon to find it ALL done for me.

I mean, these are all such INCREDIBLE human beings. They challenge me to be a better person each and every day. I am so blessed to have them, and hope they feel half as grateful for me as I do for each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment