Saturday, May 26, 2012

Jumping fun

I have come to learn in my old age (take a second to roll your eyes at me) that many things have evolved since I was a kid. I barely ever played games on my dad's old Apple II; now my kids are constantly asking to play on my tablet. Anything from diapers to televisions have changed substantially, and most for the better. Today I learned to appreciate the advancements in trampolines. We had dinner at our friends' house, and their daughter Casey has gotten a trampoline since we were there last. When I used to jump on trampolines, I always remember having to wait my turn, be super careful not to fly off, and typically was heavily supervised. Today, the trampoline had a net surrounding it on all sides, as I think most do now. I had no problem sitting on the porch yards away watching, because they couldn't escape or fall off. Even Molly had a few turns on the trampoline by herself, something we NEVER could have done in years past. The girls had a blast and wore themselves out. I am very grateful for whoever invented the trampoline net, and the hours of joy and fun it has brought my children (not to mention the peace of mind it provides me).


No comments:

Post a Comment